Sunday, October 2, 2011

Komen 3-Day Walk

On September 16th I left on the journey to walk 60 miles in three days...and well I did it!  All 60+ miles!!! I cannot put it in words how inspiring this walk is but I will try.  While walking on this journey there were so many times when I wanted to stop because of the pain I was in but I thought to myself…there are so many women fighting this terrible cancer that are in way worse pain than I am that this is nothing!  I knew my Aunt Jill was looking down on me giving me strength to go on and each day I pushed thru.  There was always that light at the end of the tunnel…my comfy bed. J 


This was probably the most physically and emotionally challenging thing that I have done in my life.  It was such a rewarding experience and so inspirational.  Each day I was walking with survivors and women that were going thru chemo.  They were walking the 60 MILES!!!  These are some of the bravest and strongest women I have met.  They fight every day to make this terrible disease disappear. 


If you have ever considered doing this walk, my recommendation is DO IT.  You will not regret it!  It is life changing and it will stay with you forever.  I keep finding myself looking back to the walk and what an amazing experience it was.  Completely moving!   


Thank you, Thank you for your support.  I have raised almost $2,900 for breast cancer and helped my team, Valley Girls & Guys, raise almost $325,000!!!  That is amazing!!!!

“Everyone deserves a lifetime.”  Fighting for a cure…

No comments:

Post a Comment