Sunday, January 5, 2014

Friends

On Friday we got word that one of our good friends sons had been diagnosed with Kawasaki disease.  So scary and terrifying for his parents!! Most of us are located in Seattle and The Hunter family is in Wenatchee where their son, Bennett (3years old) was in the hospital.  Within minutes of the text coming thru to all of us about the situation, everyone started coordinating on what we could do to help.  By the morning someone had arranged dinner for the family for the next few nights, another had ordered puzzles for the kids to be delivered, and another had their mom (who lives in Wenatchee) deliver snacks and a balloon to the hospital the next day(and we received a picture that Bennett is indeed sleeping with his Cars balloon :)). 

This brings me to the subject of my post.  I know a lot of people say that they have the best friends in the world...but I truly think I am blessed with the best.  They are the type of friends that drop everything when someone is in need and do whatever it takes to make sure that your family knows they are there for you and that not only are they praying for your family, but everyone they know is praying.  I am so happy that I get to surround myself with such loving and caring people.    

Bennett is still in the hospital but has been fever free today.  Please keep the Hunter family in your prayers and especially that spunky little Bennett.  We wish him the quickest recovery possible.  Love to the Hunters and we know that things will be back to normal in no time! 


"Friends Uplift The Soul"
 

1 comment:

  1. The pretties indeed uplift my soul. SO very, very blessed to have all of you as friends. This was one of the hardest things we've ever had to go through and having the girlfriends that we do makes getting through these situation bearable. Not only am I so lucky to have you all in my life, but Bennett is beyond blessed to be loved by all of you.

    ReplyDelete