Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Birth Story...

Ok here we go...


The short story is I was in labor for 22 hours and 9 cm dialated and then they said it would be best for me and baby to have a c-section and at 12:32 AM March 4, 2012 Sienna Hope Turner made her appearance!


Here is the long story... :)
So Friday night LT and I went to a nice dinner at Paradiso in Kirkland and then came home for a movie night (New Moon).  We weren't sure when we would have another night like this for awhile and we were right.  We went to bed at midnight and at 2AM my water broke.  I was having braxton hicks for a couple of days but I still wasn't sure that I would have my little princess early!  I woke LT up and he was shocked and a little disoriented.  So I finished packing my hospital bag and took a shower.  The contractions were pretty strong already and so at around 4:30AM we called the hospital and told them we were coming in.  We checked into the hospital around 5 AM and were ready to rock.  I was only 1 1/2cm so they started pitocin to speed up the process....then fast forward to 2PM and me wanting the Epidural and by wanting I mean demanding.  So the nurse calls it in and we wait and wait and then the nurse gets real POed and is yelling for someone to get me my epidural!  Because this pain is no messing around.  The anesthesiologist was a half hour late...not fun.  And let me just say that I like people to be careful when they are messing with my spine but this guy took his sweet little time being very deliberate with every little band aid and piece of tape.  Would you just stick that needle in my back please?!?! :)  Finally after all is said and done, he is leaving and I yell to him "I love you!!!".  We became best friends.  Thank you Epidural God!  Now fast forward to 15 hours of labor and not a ton of progress and all our family waiting for us in the waiting room WAITING and waiting and waiting.  This is now dinner time and I am still uncomfortable and hoping that I would of had this baby girl by now!  Cue nurse walking in to my room.
Nurse says: "In all my 10 years here I have never had to do this." 
Me thinking...what the heck can be the problem now!! 
Nurse says: "We have had a bomb threat and I need to do a sweep of your room to make sure that there is nothing unusual in here." 
Me thinking...Ummm are you serious?!?!?  I have been here waaaaaaay to long for me to move...I will go up with this bomb and the hospital.
Meanwhile the dads and my brother went to get everyone else in the waiting room dinner and are not being let into the hospital due to this bomb threat.  So about an hour later we are all clear and everyone is in the hospital safe and sound AND I am STILL in labor. 
Finally it is now in my 18th hour of labor and I decide to get a fever.  Yeah awesome. Then they start to give me (*evil) antibiotics to make sure I don't pass on an infection to my baby and that I am going to be ok.  Now fever is gone and I am really feeling the pressure and I am so ready to push this baby out and 9 cm dilated.  Doc comes in at around 11:30PM and says that he thinks for the safety of me and the baby we should do a c-section.  I really could of used this information about 10 hours ago.  But I totally understand that he really wanted me to have this baby naturally.  So they start to prep me for the big c-section.  The wheel me into the all white freezing room and the anesthesiologist starts to give me the drugs.  The docs are ready to get the baby out and start asking if I can feel the pinch...I say yes and they are like ok let's get started.  HOLD UP!  I said yes I can feel the pinch!!  Anesthesiologist tells them to hold up as well so she can give me some more drugs.  Finally they cut me open.  So for all you c-section mamas out there...why didn't you tell me that you can FEEL EVERYTHING?  Holy cow I was not expecting that!  I mean it doesn't really hurt but you can feel them tugging and pulling your insides in every direction. 


Finally our little girl is born!  But not without a little drama...her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck.  They clean her up and give her to Dad and I get to see my little girl for the first time.  So wide awake and alert!  I look to her and ask her if her name is Sienna and she turns and looks me square in the eyes and that was it!  Sienna Hope Turner...our little miracle.


We hope to make you proud baby girl.  We love you with all our heart!  You are the light of our life.
Just leaving the operating room

So alert!

Doting grandmas

*P.S. The reason for the evil antibiotics is because I broke out in a rash from head to toe and was swollen the size of Texas for about 2 weeks after giving birth.  SOOO not fun but I am on the mend and I will forever not take anything with cillin in it ever again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment