Monday, October 29, 2012

OH, How was your night last night?

Oh really, great.  Mine went a little something like this...

Sienna decided she didn't need her 3rd nap of the day and so I was really worried about what the night was going to have in store for us and boy was I right!  Here is the sequence of events:

6:30PM - She is asleep
10:00 PM - LT takes his NyQuil (aka a snore pill the makes you snore louder than you already do) and we both curl into bed
10:03 PM - She is awake and crying a little
10:05 PM - LT and I discuss how long we will let her cry it out, we decide on 10:45PM
10:30 PM - Sienna is screaming crying
10:45 PM - LT does the first round of consoling, the second he picks her up crying stops and nuzzles in to sleep, the second he puts her in her crib...screaming, picks her up she stops immediately, puts her back down and she cries. 
11:26 PM - I walk over to her room and see if I can help, because who am I kidding...I am not sleeping either with the monitor blaring in my ear.
11:30 PM - I send LT back to bed and I try to get Sienna to sleep.
11:35 PM - I am laughing out loud, probably from being delirious and the fact that S is rambling on like it is 3PM in the afternoon wondering where the party is at and what she can play with next?
11:45 PM - We have a winner I can hear LT snoring in the other room and Sienna is asleep!  SCORE both asleep.  Now it is my turn.
11:47 PM - Not so fast.  I put S down in her crib...she wakes up SCREAMING.  I pick her back up and decide to feed her.
12:13 AM - Put her in her crib and YES she stays asleep.
12:14 AM - I am laying flat on my stomach on the floor trying not to be seen just in case she wakes up...I crawl out of the room to safety.
12:30 AM - I think I am asleep? :)
2:30 AM - Guess who's up???  Go in feed her and she once again is asleep.
5:00 AM - Guess who's up???  Go in and bring her into bed with me (i know...bad) I need some sleep!
7:00 AM - We are up for the day...I say "goodmorning Sienna!  Do you remember sleeping last night?  Because I don't. :)"  She smiles at me.

So we have tried multiple ways to try and have her sleep better but nothing seems to work.  We thought we had it down with the cry it out method but then she reverted when she got teeth.  Any suggestions would be great!  P.S. my mom said I wasn't a good sleeper until I was 2...for our sake and my sanity I hope Sienna is not like that!

This is where I wish I was...SLEEPING.

thx bing

Hawaii you are only 21 days away...

No comments:

Post a Comment